4.22.2012

Traditional Block: English Ivy

I first saw this pattern at the International Quilt Show at Rosemont 
where a beautiful antique quilt called 'tobacco leaf' stole my heart. 
The majority of blocks I've found with tobacco in the title consist of curved pieces.

It took quite a while to track the original pattern down... 
I finally found it and whipped up a quick block 
for the RSVP fundraiser quilt. 

The English Ivy Vintage Pattern dates back to the early 1900s,
appearing in the Kansas City Star in 1931.

Can't you just see a whole quilt of these beauties?

Happy Piecing,
Heather
=D

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I can see a whole quilt, it's a lovely block. I checked my Block Base software and the tobacco leaf block was a horrible curved one unlike this block, paper foundation pieced heaven :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. :)