5.18.2011

Catching Up

Lancaster County III by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Brothers
 It's been a long couple of weeks.
I won a stack of fabrics from the Wandering Stars Blog and a great pattern, too. Selina & Lizze of W.S. host a great cyber gathering on Friday evenings. You can catch the conversation on Twitter, hashtag #gdas. Hope you'll join in the fun discussions about favorite music, links and sewing related topics.
They're not just bloggers, but Etsy Shop owners, too. Find them at http://thewanderingstars.etsy.com/, on Twitter @ws_on_etsy and Facebook as Wandering Stars. Thanks again, girls for the goodies & Friday sewing parties!!


 So....here's my latest distraction. It's for RSVP's biggest fundraiser and I'm hoping an awesome car collector or sweet gear head bids on it.
What a fantastic gift it will make!
This is just one of the designs.
Each block is hand embroidered. Yes, HAND embroidered.
My block took 88.75 hours to complete. whew.
Don't laugh. I haven't embroidered since I was 10..I tried!

1967 Toyota 2000GT


Woo HOO! Fun mail included selvages this week!!!
Special thanks to the senders.


Happy Stitching,
Heather
=)

2 comments:

  1. Nice fabrics to win, I can see a nice quilt coming with that. 88.75 hours is a loong time, I can't imagine spending that amount of time embroidering, although I suppose I have spent that amount of time on making a quilt, it seems that the time goes so fast when I'm sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I cannot believe you hand embroidered that! It looks like it was done on a machine. That is incredible!
    I have a new found love for selvages and have just started saving all of mine. What are you going to make with yours?
    Thank you for the sweet post about Lizze and I. I'm so glad that you like the bundle and I hope you are able to put them to good use. Whether you use the pattern we sent or use it for something else entirely, we'd love to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. :)