6.08.2020

💖 It's an Aneela Hoey Kinda Day! 💖

         

Some of the long awaited Aneela Hoey fabrics and a very special book arrived today, joining the Stay Gold, Walk in the Woods, and Hello Petal goodies. 

The girl on a swing has a special place in my heart from her Sherbet Pips line. Munchkin was a little tiny helper when I found my first piece. She loved the pink hedgehogs included and I was thrilled with her attention to detail. All of this amazing designer's fabrics are fantastic for fussy cutters.

The doggies were a lucky find, all 3 backgrounds in one spot. There's some serious yardage in the spool print and I have some plans for those brewing, just a few more supplies needed before I put those to good use. The fabrics from the Little Apples line and possibly even some girl on a swing fabric will also come in to play. YAY!

Piece,
Heather


2 comments:

  1. Annela Hoey has a very recognisable style doesn't she? I'm trying not to buy more fabric but some of her newer ranges are very nice indeed. Her blog is worth a look too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh yes! She has such fantastic characters. I'm still considering adding Foxglove to the stack lol but I know I'll really use all of it at some point.

      Initially, I couldn't imagine cutting into it, it was so lovely. Thankfully, I won a modern fabric "scrap" bundle. You and I have the tiniest of scraps and still think hmmm, that bit might work elsewhere, I'd better save it in the scrap bin but some sewists apparently consider a good 16" x 12" piece a scrap. Oh my!

      YES!!!! Her blog, confortstitching led to the book purchase. All those gorgeous patterns featured in her first several pages of the blog history are included. I'm not an experienced tailor, like you, Pip and have never attempted to make a blouse, button holes or zippers for that matter. I never felt the need until seeing her organizers. Such eye candy! If I spend too much time there, I start looking at Aurifil floss and I need to stick to one obsession at a time at this point. lol The embroidery has to wait for now unless the not so tiny munchkin takes it back up again. <3
      Happy Stitching My Friend.

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome. :)