1.28.2011

Skirt REMIX

One {plain} tan skirt + one cute print shirt = a new to me skirt:


The Skirt REMIX.


The ruffle was made from strips cut from the full width of the shirt and the circles were constructed from the sleeve areas. 


Have no fear...the buttons have not been forgotton. Waste not want not. They're in my button stash for another project.


Add a simple black top to my 'new skirt' and I'm officially ready for 
date night. 

*Hint Hint*, Mr. Fabulous.

close up of the circle details



Before Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, it was 

"Use it up, Wear it Out, Make Due or Do Without". 

How do you upcycle?

2 comments:

  1. I usually wear something till it is falling apart, then I repair it and keep wearing it, I might have to try doing something like you hve done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. A whole new perspective on twirling.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. :)