5.14.2020

FUN MAIL!

Mostly new and yards+, some 1/2 yards

OOOH I'm SO excited!!! The big Fat Quarter box finally arrived today (one of two) and the 30s are starting to look like they've been replenished...not that that will keep me from purchasing a few more pieces, mind you. 

I ooohed and ahhhhed over the Alice in Wonderland. I'd been searching for those since purchasing one thin precut strip while attending the Chicago Quilt Show years ago.

I've also been looking at all of the modern fabrics that escaped my stash during the hiatus and was disappointed to find out Heather Ross is hard to come by and Aneela Hoey next to impossible.  SO---those have moved up my list and the hunt is on. 

There's some Kaffe Fassett, I know that's not every follower's favorite but I was collecting his mostly cool prints for a quilt for my grandmother. She has since passed but truly would have loved the fabrics, I just know it. Many of the pieces are done for the Farmer's Wife but my heart just isn't into that project like it was...too soon I think. I'll get back to it at some point and may purchase a piece or two every once in a while to help inspire me. 

I hope you're finding inspiration, getting things done for fun, and making the most of being at home.

Piece,
Heather
Fat Quarter "Shoe Organizer" BEFORE (part I)

Fat Eighths & Some Fat Quarters "Cube" BEFORE (part II)












2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome looking 30's stash Heather, I still like my Kaffe Fassett fabrics although they are from the older ranges, some of the new ranges are calling to me though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pip, I feel like I need all the Kaffe Peacock sets right now...I keep adding them to my basket and then talking myself out of it. Thank you, it's been fun shopping and getting organized. I'm nearly ready for summer sewing!!

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome. :)