1.26.2010

First Needle Turn Applique-----EVER

Well, I figured I'd be whipping this little block right up, no problem with gorgeous photos to boot. Not so much. I did complete half the block after having way too much caffeine late in the evening. A little advice from a novice:

A) Do not drink caffeine before attempting, especially if it is after 1 am (not a typo) and you have an unsteady hand when you're non-caffeinated.

B) If you are mid-winter and prone to dry skin, do yourself a favor and moisturize a good week or two before begining...vaseline coated hands wrapped in gloves sound like a perfect solution to some seriously chapped hands in this sleep deprived state.

C) Try to use a good light source. If your definition of a good light source is a bedside lamp with the wattage equivalent to that of a night light, wait until daybreak.

D) If you have a month or two before you plan to applique, do your best to grow some fingernails and practice pinching...hard. I think I need to practice the pinching...anyone?? LOL

It's getting done and I expect after a nice nap, I'll complete this little bugger. I'll take pix and post ASAP.
Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome. :)